While my true love for design projects is Adobe Illustrator, can we take a moment for me to express my adoration for Canva? Beautiful images, intuitive design, easy to use, and best of all, free. Yes, Canva is a dream come true for anyone looking for quick and easy graphics. It’s accessible to everyone and has a very small learning curve, making it easier than ever for entrepreneurs, bloggers, businesses, and really, anyone, to create high quality graphics. I mainly use Canva for social media graphics and newsletter banners, but the possibilities are endless!
Here’s how Canva can become a branding super-tool:
- Images for Your Brand: Sharing branded images on social media is a fun and effective way to get your brand’s message out. Things to keep in mind:
- Use consistent colors in your images,
- Include your name or website someplace on the image,
- And, if using a quote, be sure the message is on brand with the brand values you’ve established.
Haven’t used Canva? Here’s a simple overview. Go explore!
- Canva is a free online design tool. Perfect for making branded images!
- Go to Canva and create an account
- At the top, where it says “Create a Design”, click on Social Media
- Have fun! Play around with the free templates Canva offers and create an image unique to your brand
- Tip: You can upload a PNG version of your logo and add it to your social media image
- When you’re done, save your design, download, and share!